For the past nine years, I’ve been helping tackle, explain and impact complex topics like the global water crisis, microfinance, encryption, privacy, security, girls education in the developing world, and career advancement for women in emerging economies.
I have had the immense privilege of learning and growing in my expertise as I’ve worked across all of these sectors.
This is a sampling of just some of my work; behind the scenes of these samples and what you find on my resume was a lot of close work with leadership – brainstorming, pushing their thinking (and mine!), questioning, persuading, challenging, strategic planning, connecting it all together, and of course – taking action!
WEBSITES + LANDING PAGES
- The Way Women Work
- Girls to School (on the BoD for the past seven years)
- Gartner on SpiderOak
- Def Con24 on SpiderOak
- ISC2KC on SpiderOak
- What People Are Saying About SpiderOak
- Delights in the Details (2015 freelance client)
*SpiderOak: Est. 50% of the copy, contributor to design ideation, strategy for the site layout/pages, review analytics and suggest A/B test to optimize goals and conversions; build webpages and ribbons in Django on a weekly basis
*The Way Women Work: Worked with our graphic designer based on our strategic direction and vision; developed and wrote the majority of content; add articles or edit site on a monthly basis in WordPress;
OUTSIDE THE BOX
- What do icepick lobotomies, tobacco and your data have in common?
- Dear Tech Savvy Professional – You Deserve Better. Love Semaphor, Your Secret Admirer
- This is Not Your Father’s Workplace
- 111 blog posts, articles and interviews to date with corporate women and entrepreneurs in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and The Middle East, on The Way Women Work (still a freelance client)
- Why CIOs/IT Want Semaphor
- Speaking of Taxes, Do You Own a Shredder?
- 58 published posts since 2009 on my blog (I have not written here since Feb. 2015)
SPEAKING + PRESENTATIONS
- Introducing Semaphor – the Secure Slack Alternative the Edward Snowden Would Love – Mozilla Privacy Lab in San Francisco on Data Privacy Day, Jan. 28, 2016, for SpiderOak
- Donate Your Voice // Two Years of Lessons From Automated, Intgrated Social Campaigns – edSocialMedia Summit at the Fort Mason Center Cowell Theater in San Francisco for Water.org on April 4, 2012
- Creating Sparks // Building Audience Momentum – Ecopreneurship Convocation Speaker at Drury University on Oct. 25, 2012
- Created 15 slide decks and presentations for/with founder of The Way Women Work, Rania Anderson (2012-2016)
- Created sales deck for SpiderOak (2016)
CAMPAIGNS + LAUNCHES + SOCIAL
- Launch and promotion of the book UNDETERRED: The Six Success Habits of Women in Emerging Economies
- IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign surpassing $30K goal, Nov. 2014: Unleashing the Careers of 100,000 Women Globally
- #Work31 – One small action a day for your career for 31 days
- Donate Your Voice on Water.org (a concept / campaign I helped develop)
*More of my work and project examples available upon request.